One hospital employee received £ 235,000 from the NHS for her cancer-causing job. Aneurin Bevan University Medical Board acknowledged the responsibility caused by the disease because work was being done in an asbestos-covered building at Nevill Hall Hospital in Abergavenny, South Wales.
Wayne Churches, 73, was exposed to asbestos in a hospital where he worked for 40 years as an engineer. After his retirement from his grandfather, Mr. Churches, in 2017, he was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer, mesothelioma.
Mr. Churches, father of three children from Abergavenny, retired in 2010. However, his health began to deteriorate in a short time and in June 2017 he was diagnosed with mesothelioma.
Mr. Churches “When you retire, you think: I’m free and comfortable right now, and I can do anything I want to do.” However, mesothelioma waits asleep without your knowledge and emerges late in life. ”
“The diagnosis was devastating for all of us. I was always healthy and never smoked. I had a good belief that the environments I worked with were safe. ”
Mr. Churches is currently undergoing immunotherapy to improve the longevity and quality of his remaining life.